The great and very awesome and famous writer Brittany came up with a great list of seven things she can’t live without. Seems simple enough and since my writing has been stellar and overflowing these past couple of months, I thought I’d give it a go.
1. The iPhone. Very cliche and very annoying. On my 15-20 minute commutes to work, I’ll “check” it probably 42 times. And don’t get me started on being stuck at red lights. It’s just a thing I have. Like a nervous tic that may or may not cause a future horrific car crash.
2. Thanks to the wife, Sons of Anarchy. I’m all caught up and now can’t wait until new seasons start. I want to get a motorcycle. I want leather. I’m mad that my job won’t allow my goatee to assume the recommended bad ass length.
3. My ring. I know, very cheesy. I forgot it one day and a part of me felt like I wasn’t married. She then gave me a hall pass. Luckily for me I came to the understanding that she was probably joking so I ate at Chili’s that night, not Applebee’s. Close call.
4. A notebook. Or a pad of paper. Or a bill envelope. Point is that I doodle. A lot. If I don’t have paper then I find a napkin. Or my desk. Yes, I’ve doodled on my desk. That’s a weird sentence.
5. The movie Better Off Dead. John Cusack before he became the rom-com staple. I grew up with this movie and can quote every line. Literally. Every line. If you’ve seen it, you know how awesome it is. If you haven’t then I have a question: How dare you?
6. iPod shuffling. Sure I only really listen to a handful of songs, but the shuffle feature allows me to listen to a couple seconds of thousands of songs while I get to those handful. I’m not sure I’m using my iPod correctly.
7. Reese’s Peanut Butter Miniatures. Really, is there anything better?
So Brittany, how did I do?